1. Personal information collected from users of our website is voluntarily submitted by users. We endeavor to only collect information that is essential for us to respond, and where applicable will make sure that the information you share is optional.
2. Effectively engaging with users, visitors, and the public, we may need to collect contact information in order to respond to queries and requests for assistance. We manage this information in a way that complies with New Zealand privacy laws.
3. The information we may collect when you engage with us includes your name, email address, phone number, and physical address.
4. We automatically collect information about visitors to our website. This is kept as anonymised data which we can use to understand audience trends, and gain insight into user experience on our website. This data may include:
search terms used to find our website
pages and links viewed on our website
date and time of visit
site used to link through to our site
operating system (eg. Windows 11 etc.)
web browser (eg. Chrome, Mozilla etc.)
How we use it
5. We use the personal information provided to us solely for the purposes of delivering the services requested by the person submitting this information. Copies of correspondence sent via our website are archived for record-keeping purposes only.
6. We may use your personal information to contact you to respond to your enquiry, send newsletters and e-pānui, improve our website functionality, and undertake statistical analysis of website use.
When we share it
7. We do not share your personal information with third parties unless:
We have received your express permission to share your details with other service providers specified on your behalf or;
We are legally required to by NZ Police or other government agencies (eg. to assist with a criminal investigation), or where there is a serious threat to wellbeing or safety. Threats and abuse may be referred to NZ Police.
8. Subscribing to our email list is optional. Subscribers to our newsletter / e-pānui can unsubscribe at any time.
Links to social networking services
9. We use social networks to promote our work and connect with our communities. Information shared with us via these social networking platforms is covered by each social media platform’s own privacy policies, which are independent from ours.
10. Social networking services may collect any of your personal information shared via their platforms for their own purposes. They do not have any access to the personal information we hold on our systems.
11. We make every effort to maintain the security and privacy of information submitted via our website, however data transmission over the internet will always be susceptible to interference, and we cannot make absolute guarantees about security. We review our processes and policies regularly to ensure we meet best practice and fulfil our legal obligations under New Zealand law.